Expert API 653 and EEMUA 159 Inspections
With a highly skilled team of technicians, inspectors, and analysts, National Techincal Services provides expert API 653- and EEMUA 159-compliant inspections of out-of-service above ground storage tanks.
Following API 653 and EEMUA 159 guidelines, our inspections include detailed analyses of all aspects of the tank’s:
- internal floor
- tank shell
- nozzles and appurtenances
- fixed roof.
Additionally, our analysts provide calculations for the:
- safe-fill height
- hydrostatic test height
- time frame for subsequent inspections.
To ensure accurate and thorough data collection, our teams use a variety of inspection techniques, including:
- visual inspections
- B-scan ultrasonic testing
- pit gauging
- vacuum box testing
- magnetic flux leakage (MFL) scanning
- wet fluorescent magnetic particle (WFMP) testing
- diesel testing
- automated corrosion mapping
- 3D digital reconstruction inspection and integrity analysis.
Our reports provide a complete picture of current tank conditions, as well as condition projections, so you can plan your maintenance schedule with confidence.
Included in our reports are:
- photos and layout diagrams detailing problem areas
- summaries highlighting significant findings
- checklists detailing the inspection findings
- detailed explanations of calculations
- tables and graphs indicating foundation settlement
- raw data from ultrasonic thickness readings
- complete documentation on all non-destructive examinations (NDE).